Friday, August 4, 2017

A Stampin' Up Play Date



Hello everyone!

It has been four months since I had to retire as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, and I have missed the fun. I have been very busy teaching classes at Scrapbook Essentials BC along with my duties as a Spellbinders Educator. My fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator group, the Seashore Stampers, contacted me about having a day to play with them, to have some fun and catch up on what is going on in our lives. A 'play date' as it was called by the group.

Unfortunately, by the time the date arrived, life has a way of changing plans, which was the case for three of the ladies of the group. So I did not get the chance to visit with them. Those of us that were able to make it had a blast! It was so fun to dig out some of the Stampin' Up supplies again and create, and everyone brought something for our pot luck luncheon, and the food was wonderful!

Here are some photos of the get together.


These are three of the wonderful ladies that could make it to the 'Play Date'. And below is a photo with me and two of them.


Next come the photos of the luncheon food. Unfortunately, I did not think to take the photos until after we each had our first serving.


I took photos of each individual item. First, it the Thai Spring rolls with peanut sauce, which are covered with damp paper towel to keep the rolls moist.


Then, someone had nearly the same idea that I did. Here is a bowl of watermelon with Feta cheese.


Next you see two bowls, and no, the one bowl is not filled with peperoni. It is gluten free beat crackers with seeds, which turned out to be popular with one person in particular. Glad that she liked them so much. I must admit that they are very good, or I would not have brought them.


And lastly, my salad. It is made with watermelon, blueberries, cucumber, Feta cheese, a tiny bit of mint, honey and poppy seed dressing.


OK, enough of that. I am thinking that you might want to see what I made that day. We were having so much fun visiting that I do not think we got much work done during those 5 1/2 hours, but I did get three cards made.

I have two grandchildren that have birthdays this month, so I decided that this was probably the only time I would have to get to making them. The first is for my grand-daughter that will be turning 10. I decided using the new Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Blast colours, would be a great colour combo for a girl that age.



Then for my grandson, who will be turning 12, I finally got to using some DSP that I was never able get around to using before, and is now discontinued.


Then, as always, I never have enough Thank You cards, so I had time to make a quick one using some of the gorgeous new Delight Daisy DSP.


So, there you have the three cards made at the Seashore Stampers Play Date. I would like to thank the Seashore Stampers for inviting me to play with them again and visit with them. We had so much fun that we set a tentative date for another 'Play Date' some time in October. Looking forward to it!

It was four months ago I surprised everyone with the news of retiring as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator to pursue the Spellbinders Educator position; well, there is another surprise that I will be posting soon. So watch for it sometime in the next month or so.

In the mean time, I will be busy teaching classes, amongst other things, and wish you all a great Summer and happy creating!








3 comments:

The Victoria Paper Shaper said...

Thank you so much, Sabrina. I've been missing you. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry i missed you!

Katydid Cards said...

Sabrina, I sure have missed your posts but I'm happy to hear you're doing lots in the crafting field. You mention you're a Spellbinders educator...is this online. If so, I would love to start following! Glad you were able to get together with your friends...looks like you had a fun (and delicious) day!