Saturday, March 25, 2017

Thinking of Easter Yet?


Welcome from MiRan's blog! This is a sad post for me, as it will be my Seashore Stampers Blog Hop post.


I love to create Easter cards, because it makes me feel like Spring is here or will soon be here.

There is no way that a Demonstrator can get all the stamps one would like, and it took me a while to get the "Circle of Spring" stamp set. I had the Christmas ones with the coordinating dies, so it only made sense to get the "Circle of Spring" as well to maximize the use of the dies. And with the new Watercolouring pencils, it is an ideal combination to create something really pretty for Easter.

It really looks like Spring by adding all those extra vines and flowers around the wreath of flowers. I both the photos above and below, you can see how I layered everything.


Do you see the flicked Wink of Stella on the card? It adds some lovely sparkle to the card. I stamped and coloured 6 of the circles, 4 of which I cut in half to create a larger circle of flowers around the single one...


...with the remaining cut up for the inside of the card.


You can see how I layered everything in this last photo. Oh, I forgot to mention that this card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".


 I think this card looks happy. It could also make a lovely wedding card, don't you think?

Even though this is the first time I have used this stamp, I hope it has inspired you to pull it out again and use this stamp again along with your water colour pencils. I know there is other inspiration from the previous blog posts, so you will have plenty of ideas now.

If you haven't seen the other posts yet, there links to hop from post to post below. Have fun hopping!

http://stampingforu.blogspot.ca/2017/03/seashore-stampers-blog-hop-easter.html

                                         

Bruni P
Erica E.
MiRan B.
Sabrina R. ...that's me!


Happy stamping & creating!







2 comments:

From Me To You Paper Crafts said...

This is gorgeous Sabrina. This morning, while browsing my Facebook feed, I came across a number of pictures of pink blossoming trees taken from all the best places in Victoria to walk or drive through to see these spectacular trees. When I saw this card, it reminded me of those trees. Beautiful job.

Carolyn Dieleman said...

So pretty and delicate, Sabrina. This theme is perfect for a square card.