Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2016 Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peek - Merry Medley & Pretty Pines Thinlits



Can you tell yet that I love the new copper products? Yesterday I showed one Chrsitmas gift card box that featured copper, and today I'm sharing a card done, two ways, with copper. One is copper and Early Espresso, while the other is Very Vanilla and copper. I wanted to see the effect of copper using a dark and a light colour. Both are beautiful. The Espresso one lends itself well to a modern rustic look and maybe even more masculine.


And the Pretty Pines are a wonderful Christmas tool to have! It has three branches of pine, several different types of pine cones die cutting, and mistletoe twigs! Of course there are the two bow sizes as well. Like I said a perfect Christmas tool!

Let's have a closer look at the Espresso version.

An even closer look at the die cut assembly here...unfortunately, when die cutting foil cardstock the little hole in the die for releasing the die cut are embossed. It doesn't seem to be the case for regular cardstock.


From the side view you can see that no dimensionals were used, so the bulk is from the layering of the die cut pieces.


For the inside. rather than stamp something I used some extra die cut pieces to decorate the corner. I wish I had taken more time playing with the arrangement of the. As I write the post, I see that it looks like the pine cone has sprouted...lol!


Now let's check out the Very Vanilla version.


Should you notice the fine line swirl on the card. I did not notice it until I applied the copper embossing powder. I think a hair of mine was incorporated when I inked the stamp with Versamark. It was getting late last night and I did not feel like re-stamping. Besides, all that powder was now on the piece, so why not heat it any way.

Below, is another close up of the die cut assembly...


...and another side view...


...and the inside. Again, playing around with the layout of the pine cone and mistletoe would have beneficial.


So here you have seen another two of the product available in the up coming 2016 Holiday Catalogue. Check in again tomorrow for some more Sneak Peek sharing!


Happy stamping!






REMEMBER, this incredible  Stampin' Up! exclusive, limited time bundle is available only from August 2nd through 31st! You can purchase the stamp set and dies separately or as a bundle. You can also use your July Bonus Coupons to get this bundle!






2 comments:

EdaMommy said...

Beautiful Cards Sabrina! I'm really thinking now that I need that pinecone set and the emb folder....

EdaMommy said...

Would waxed paper protect the foil from getting those bumps?