Sunday, June 12, 2016

Artistically Asian in Cajun Craze & Delightful Dijon


Hello Everyone!

Hoping your weekend is going well for you and that you are finding some time for yourself where you can sit in your craft space and create. Yesterday I shared with you a card created with one of my favorites from the new catalogue. I had planned to make more with that set, but realized that I needed to make cards with the Artistically Asian stamp set first because I have a class planned with that stamp set. So I've put Floral Phrases aside for now.

I love the Asian style, and look forward to making cards with this set too! You will find that there are a variety of colours used for the Asian style that can be bright and bold or soft and faded. Today's is more on the bold side with Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon and black.

As you can see on the Cajun Craze, I stamped a background with the bamboo stamp in the set, off stamping first to make the background stamping a little more subtle that direct stamping.


In the photo below, a close up, you see how I watercoloured the edges of the watercolour paper. I used the Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers to colour the flower, spritzed with water, and then stamped it onto the watercolour paper.


The addition of the Asian script in black, really adds to the balance of the card.

This is were I n ormally will show you a side view so that you can see the layering of the card. Because I did not pop up any layers on this card, I opted to not take that photo for this card.

Below is a photo showing the inside of the card, using the same watercolour stamping technique with the flower on the front.


I am looking forward to creating more cards with this stamp set, so check in again over the next few days for different creations using this stamp set. I hope to inspire you!

Happy stamping!





Extra Stampin’ Rewards!

For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!







 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.



No comments: