Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Water Colouring & Water Colour Stamping Using an Old Favorite - Butterfly Basics

Whoops, I thought I scheduled this post for yesterday.


Hello everyone! Looks like today is going to be an absolutely beautiful day again. I've been thinking for a while now that I should make multiples of my Thank You cards since I use so many. I was in the mood for water colouring and thought that might be too much for mass production, but went with the idea anyway. I was also feeling that I wanted to use a stamp set I haven't used in a while, my Butterfly Basics. I'm glad that it is still available in the new catalogue. So here are the dozen cards I made.


I love how the frame turned out. I used my paper trimmer to create them and stamped the sentiment from the new "Thoughtful Banners" stamp set in Tip Top Taupe. And rather than work with all the dimensionals for the frames, I used the new Foam Adhesive Strips that are available in the new catalogue. It raises the frame up higher than I would like, but it was so much easier to use.


For the water colour background I used Water Colour Paper, my Aqua Painters and Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride, and Tip Top Taupe using a lot of water to get that very light airy look. To stamp the water colour image, I used the same colours in the Stampin' Write Markers on a clear block, lightly misted with water, inked my stamp image on that, and then stamped on the water colour background.


I did the same for the butterflies and when dry punch them out and wrapped Linen Thread around the body of the butterfly before attaching it to the card.


You can see the layering in this next photo.



I love how these turned out, and want so very much to try this in another set of colours. Maybe another  time. Hope you are inspired to give this technique a shot. It is quite fun to do.

Happy stamping!






Extra Stampin’ Rewards!

For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!


 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.



2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Your card is beautiful, Sabrina! TFS it! Did you use Whisper White or Thick Whisper White for the frame?

Sabrina said...

Hi bonniemom, TY so much. I used the thick cardstock for the card base and the regular whisper white cardstock for the frame. Happy creating!