Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Wilderness Awaits - Dog


The third of the Wilderness Awaits masculine card series.

 I had so much fun making this card! But, my words aren't flowing after today's day. I had to wait all day for the plumber, and it turned out I could have done the things I had initially planned to do as he couldn't get here when he thought. It was 5 hours later. Sorry

 Using the Hardwood background stamp I think works well for this image. And if you can't guess what I did with the Hardwood piece, it is something I wish to share with my class when that day arrives. I'll come back and include it in this post when the class is done.



I chose to do water colouring with my Aqua Painters for the image on this card (on the outside).



Taking a long piece of Linen Thread and folding it in half, and then half again, I tied a knot and then trimmed the ends off. Love how the look turned out.


Die cutting an oval one size larger than the sentiment oval fives the sentiment and card a unique look.

Below you can see the layering of the card
.



For the inside of the card, I opted to not water colour the image, but used sponging instead.  I'm wishing I took the extra time to water colour again as it looks too different from the front of the card. What I like about the sentiment inside the card below is that it can work for Father's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, etc.


Hope you enjoyed another masculine 'Wilderness Awaits' card. Tomorrow is the Elk, so pop by again.

Happy stamping!











No comments: