Monday, April 4, 2016

Helping Me Grow - Card 1









I've wanted to get this stamp set from the Occasions 2016 Catalogue for some time now. I was beginning to wonder if the catalogue would expire before I could get it! I have so many ideas for this set and look forward to making them all.

This is a tall and skinny card that fits in a size 10 business envelope and measure 4"w x 9 1/4"h. The water colour background uses So Saffron, Pool Party, & Calypso Coral ink pads and an Aqua Painter.

Below is a close up of the water colour painted flower. I used Archival Basic Gray rather than the black, to stamp the flower with. That way it isn't too dark, looking like a colouring book image.

The Ornate Tag Topper Punch was used to create the strip for this flower, only using the right side of this flower stamp. There are two flowers in this set and with each of them you could cut them in two (which I did) so that you can stamp just one side or the other, or place them together again on a large clear block and stamp as originally designed to do.



In the next photo you can see how I tied the fringe at the top.


Next we have a side view so that you can see the two parts that I popped up with dimensionals.


And lastly the inside of the card - just a very simple flower filled in using the aqua painter.


Well that's it for this card. Hope you liked it. There will be more to come. Be sure to chieck in tomorrow for the new Weekly Deals!

For a list of what I used, see below.

Happy Stamping!






No comments: