Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Thank You Text Frame

Yesterday, I mentioned about attending the Vancouver Island Stampin' Up meeting in Naniamo on Saturday. I also mentioned that I participated in a Thank You card swap. there were three different swap categories we could enter. We could enter one, two, or all three categories. Since this was my first time, I opted to enter one, the "Thank You" category.

Because I wanted to create a text, or sentiment, frame, I chose to create a side fold square card.



Again, I did not use Whisper White, but used Naturals White because the flecks in the cardstock go so well with the Crumb Cake cardstock.


I used the Sheltering Tree flower/leaves stamp of the set to create the dotted border in the center square. In the 2" circle I stamped the Indescribable Gift blossom branch and used a Dauber to gently ink the center of the blossoms. I also stamped a second section of the stamp to fussy cut out the one blossom that I popped up with a dimensional after colouring the center in the same manner.


It may have been better to have fussy cut just the center of the blossom rather than the entire blossom, so I will try that in the future. I really like the effect of the text/sentiment frame and will definitely be using that idea again.

Why don't you give creating a text frame a try on your next card! You can see waht I used to make this card, below.

Happy stamping!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




No comments: